Staff Appraisal Training
Do Your Staff See Appraisals as a Positive and Worthwhile Experience?
Jenny, First Community Healthcare
Our staff appraisal training sessions are designed to ensure your workforce feel involved, motivated and engaged during appraisal reviews. We ensure staff understand their role in the appraisal process and the benefits they can gain. Our experience is that employees don’t always feel part of the performance appraisal process. Some see it as a process that managers dictate and use simply to give feedback on performance. Our staff appraisal training sheds new light on this perception. Employees will see that appraisals aren’t only about discussing how you’ve done; they should also be about how you develop, improve and succeed.
We can provide short sessions (between one and three hours – depending on your objectives) and accommodate up to 20 delegates per staff appraisal session. We charge per session, not per delegate.
Our aim is to ensure your staff:
- Feel positive about the appraisal process and get involved.
- Understand their role in the appraisal process and know what’s expected of them.
- Get maximum benefit from their appraisal.
- View appraisals as an opportunity for personal development and improvement.
Some sample objectives we can cover during staff appraisal training:
- Being clear and positive about the rational for appraisals.
- Understanding how to gain maximum benefit from your appraisal meeting.
- Preparing comprehensively for your appraisal meeting.
- Understanding your organisation’s appraisal process and system.
- Ensuring you have your say and that the appraisal is a two way discussion.
- Agreeing SMART objectives with your appraiser.
- Dealing with disagreements or conflict diplomatically and confidently.
- Ensuring that you feel the appraisal is conducted objectively.
- Being assertive and speaking up for yourself when necessary.
- Understanding that performance management is a continuous process.
- Using positive verbal and non-verbal behaviour.
- Demonstrating effective listening and questioning skills.
- Ensuring that your appraiser takes account of your personal development needs.